It’s no secret about my novel, Illusions of the Heart. If this is your first time on my blog, welcome first and foremost. Second, my first novel, Illusions of the Heart made its grand appearance on Amazon’s kindle store. One of the proudest moments of my life. That was essentially two weeks ago and now I find myself asking myself…
I’ve come to a few conclusions on the right thing to do right now. I’ve tried posting to my blog often, at least often than before and sending out Tweets. I have a couple of co-workers who ask me every second for the hard copy so that’s something else to wait on but this waiting game is hard.
So I’ve considered a few things I can do while working to push my first book.
I can work on the sequel
- This is something I will touch on in a different post but the wheels are turning and the keys are clacking for the follow up to the story. I don’t want to get into it here nor talk about how I feel about sequels in this post. Look out for more regarding this coming to this blog soon.
I can read a book
- Of course and in fact, I am. Well, not reading a book. I am a huge Audible fan and love to listen to my books. Right now I am engrossed in an old classic that made it to the big screen in the 90’s. A hint would be it stared a well rounded cast including one Whitney Houston.
I can watch television
- Okay, this is something I can definitely do but there is one problem. I can only watch so much of it before I end up rolling off the couch and sitting in front of the computer to get the thoughts out of my head. Lately, I’ve been bored sitting in front of the television. There are so many thoughts in my head that I want to get them out and I want other’s to enjoy.
Listen to music
- Haha, well, I do this while I’m writing. In fact, I can’t bring myself to work without music playing. I know people consider music a distraction but a smooth ballad that delivers a message or just provides inspiration is my best muse. Right now I’m writing this while listening to music.
- Yeah…not going to happen. No writer, No author can do nothing. Impossible. Why? See above ideas. Ideas are never silent.
I will share my ideas. How about you? Share your ideas, your thoughts.